Saturday, February 5, 2011

The ABC's

Cuddled up on this cold snowy morning, watching Winnie the Pooh, I was seriously not prepared for the ending. It's time for Christopher Robin to go off to school to learn his abc's and about places like Brazil. He tells Pooh that all he really wants to do is stay in the hundred acre woods and do nothing. (His favorite thing to do) I looked over at my sweet, sweet four year old boy, who's favorite thing to do is the same...(as is mine) and began to cry. He hugged me really tight, and I of course could not give a good explanation as to why I was crying....I just said I am so happy and sometimes people cry when they are really happy. I was reminded at that moment that he will go off and need to learn all of those things soon too. But....and this is the really important part....he is here with me now and just four years old. So there we were, me crying, him comforting me and drying my eyes with his precious blankie, and what else was there to do but jump up to make pancakes? Life...all at once so incredibly beautiful and yet tender, sometimes sad, and so very dear.

4 comments:

  1. I remember moments like that too Tina. They will stay in your memory forever, being pulled out every so often and make you smile. Enjoy that beautiful 4 year old and hug him for me.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tina, what a very sweet, tender and loving moment! Those are the moments we mommy's will treasure all the days of our lives! I've had many, and they are frozen in time in my mind as if they happened only moments ago.

    Give that sweet little one a great big hug from his Aunt Trina! :)

    I hope you are enjoying your weekend.
    ~Trina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet moment for you. It's moments like those that make the sad times bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Christina, the joys of being a mother! So many memories you will have over the years. God is generous for he gives us memories. ....And you are sure building a lot of those, aren't you? Now you know why people like me tend to repeat memories a lot...they are always with us. I can so well remember a little girl lying in bed with me sucking on her blanket. She and I had the world by the tail....come to think of it, we still do, my darling daughter!
    Katheryn

    ReplyDelete