Sunday, March 27, 2011

Stargirl

She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl. We did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a corkboard like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew.
-Stargirl

I saw this quote and it spoke directly to me. I was so insprired by the words. This was Friday. I brought this home and knew I would share it here. Saturday morning little charlie and I were at a garage sale (one of our favorite places to be) and he found a mermaid doll with a star on her chest that lights up, plays music, and goes in the water. He said I had to have it. He actually went to the guys running the sale to get the price (one dollar) and insisted that I really needed this doll. As we walked home, I realized two things: one...I really did need that doll in my life. And two: I am so humbled and astonished by the powerful love I receive from my beautiful little boy every day. To him I am the mermaid, the princess...i am stargirl. He somehow reminds me of something I may have forgotten...and for that, I am forever grateful. xo








5 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a little boy's love for his mother, is there? The expression on your son's face as he holds the doll that he knew you needed says it all!
    It reminds me of the string of blue pearls my oldest son made for me in the first grade. I still have them and will cherish them forever.
    Sons and mothers....a bond unlike any other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful, sweet and touching story Tina! It brought tears to my eyes, so darling! You DID need that doll!

    The doll and the memory of that moment, of the love between Little One and you, which brought the doll into your world, is... and always will be... an amazing and beautiful treasure forever!

    Miss you all so much!
    ~Trina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cherished treasure this little mermaid is. Charlie knew immediately that it was something he had to have for you. Such a precious moment that will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet boy and precious moment you all shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just thought I would stop off at your blog on my way home from my under construction blog to say hello.
    Do you have any idea, Christina, how brightly your light shines? I do.
    Katheryn

    ReplyDelete