Friday, January 14, 2011

'Tis a gift...

"'Tis a gift to be simple, 'tis a gift to be free...'tis a gift to come down where we ought to be, and when we find ourselves in the place just right, we will be in the valley of love and delight."

I don't know if this will translate, but it's worth trying. I had the honor (and I do mean honor), this week of taking one of my students who really wants to be in choir to his first practice. It's late in the year, but the choir teacher agreed to let him join, and off we went. We got there, sat down on the cold gymnasium floor, and this song began. It was one of those moments for me where time just kind of stopped, and I was totally present. It just hit me....truly. I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since...I even hear little one singing it. Think about the message, because we are always on exactly the path that is our own...we are always finding ourselves in "the place just right". There are no mistakes and everything has it's purpose. How comforting and beautiful is that? Meanwhile, I continue to strive for the gifts of simplicity and freedom...and of course love. I wish the same for you. xo

2 comments:

  1. Sweet, beautiful moment Tina! Thank you for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,
    What a touching time. I felt I was right there with you.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete