Saturday, January 1, 2011

What endures?

On this fabulous New Years Day, with a big, beautiful new desk in my life, I find myself sorting and sifting through photos, clips, quotes, sticky notes, and other memorabilia trying to make my writing space more functional. I am a person who keeps everything, and I mean everything. I have finally asked the much needed question...what endures? What do I need to keep? What to throw away? Will I remember the moments and days of my life? After looking through boxes and boxes of things saved, you know what I think truly endures? Love. To quote the Beatles, "...and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make." Beginning today, I will be simplifying, and reaching for love...in every corner, in every moment. I will box up all that is undone, forgive myself for not having done it, and create a simple plan for one sweet scrapbook for each brilliant year of this amazing life I have been trusted with.
This will endure....happy new year! xo

2 comments:

  1. Your blog post today is inspirational... Great way to begin the new year... simplify!! It's so nice to have room at the desk, and lots of room in our lives for the people we love! Enjoying each other, creating special moments that make special memories. Memories stay with us, and sharing them with each other keeps those memories alive. (That's one of the things I am enjoying so much about blogging!) :) And you are so right, Love is what truly endures!

    Sending lots of love your way! Happy New Year to you! ~Trina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,
    Your desk is fabulous. Charlie did a wonderful job reconfiguring it and making it perfect for all that you want to do. Simplifying is always the best. It makes life much easier when you get rid of all the clutter.

    Memories always are there especially with the pictures you take. Enjoy the new year clutter free.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete