Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Peaches and Fedoras

My sweet neighbor Dolores left a bag of peaches on our door step the other day. I love peaches and I love things left on my door step! Anyhow, I had just gotten a fedora hat for the summer, random connection, right? But, peaches and a fedora, all while tinkering around in the kitchen making cobbler...how summery is that? Anyhow, back to the cobbler, I go between recipes, but always come back to my mom's recipe for Apple Crisp. It works with any kind of fruit, and for me it's perfect. In fact, we just made it in Oregon with fresh Marionberries!! (The official blackberry of Marion County, Oregon).
Sometimes I double the topping, just for the pure joy of it. xo

Peach Crisp
topping:
1 cup of flour
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cube of butter (1/2 cup)
Mix this together until it forms a crumbly texture...

fruit:
Fill a 13 x 9 with fruit (any kind really), sprinkle 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1/2 cup of water over it. Pour the brown sugar topping over the fruit. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes, until golden brown on top.

ENJOY! xo





2 comments:

  1. You look so cute in your Fedora with your bag of peaches Tina! :) I love your Apple Crisp, and I'm sure your Peach Crisp will be just as yummy!! Thanks for sharing your Mom's recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Fedora! Such an old fashioned picture of you. It could have been a commercial back when.

    ReplyDelete