Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Arboretum

I love the arboretum. I cannot believe that we lived in this town for 15 years before we discovered it. I love the seasons there...today I got to see winter. It was divine. I felt like I was at my beloved Oregon coast honestly. The air was misty, the grounds were breathtaking, and the vibe is just so.......so. In the fall the place is covered in pumpkins...spring and summer, there are actually flowers called sparklers that look like the real thing. The best part? Our picnic spot on the hill over looking the lake. This is a hill that little one rolls down, runs down, dances down, falls down...and laughs, and laughs. One day he rolled and fell down it, all while holding onto a homemade chocolate chip cookie from our picnic. Today I'm attaching a photograph of me and little charlie by the infinity pool...another of my favorite things. Love, love, love.
p.s. Yes, that leaf in my hand was a gift from my sweet son and it came from this magical place too, can you believe it?




3 comments:

  1. Ah, the arboretum. What a beautiful place. I am sure the winter there is amazing! So happy you went today.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an absolutely magical place! So glad you had such a great day! I lived in Texas for 14 years and I have never been there... That would be a wonderful place to go to when I visit... Hint, Hint...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Arboretum is one of my favorite places to visit. No matter the time of year, it is always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete